So it's been just under a year since my last post- I am an amazing blogger, obviously. But new year, new start, right?
I have about fifty-three resolutions for the new year, most of which are the same old - go to the gym, go to Weight Watchers, go to church resolutions that I tell myself I'll do every year. I've also got a few new ones- take and pass my CCRN exam, which I've been threatening to do for over a year now and read 100 books this year, most of which I already own. I may or may not count a re-read of the HP 7 as part of those 100.
I've set a deadline for myself on the CCRN exam- March. I want to have my certification before I go to NTI in April/May.
I'd also like to find myself something resembling a life with hobbies and things to do on my days off that don't revolve around watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and watching Pride and Prejudice over and over again because Matthew Macfayden makes my eyes happy.
Like I said, it's quite the list. Cooking more. Baking more. Work peeps will like that.
In other news I got my two very best friends married off in the last year and I'm so happy that they're happy! Happy besties make for a happy Nikki.
Layla has grown up a lot over the last year too. I can leave her in the house by herself for a few hours at a time and she doesn't tear it to pieces, plus there are socks lying within her reach all over the house and she hasn't eaten and then puked up a single one!
My neice is still cute as she can be. She calls me NIKKI!!!, and she says it exactly like that- like a big exclamation every time. She'll say "No, no, NIKKI!!! I don't want to put on my socks, they are wet." Love love love her.
The house still the house. Mom and I have spent the last week cleaning out closets and old boxes of stuff I haven't touched since I moved in two years ago. I guess if I haven't needed it in the last two years, I haven't really needed it at all.
Work is awesome. I switched to dayshift early last year and it has been fabulous. I love learning new things, which I do every single time I work. For example: Cocaine and heroin mixed together is known on the streets as a Belushi. No lie.
So here I am...a year older, possibly a year wiser, not any richer but I do have new curtains in my office!
Monday, January 3, 2011
A Whole New World
Posted by icuprincessnurse at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment