BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Muy Bueno!

So I ended my last of three with another trauma admit...I just LOVE trauma admits!!!! And, I love that my charge nurses are GIVING me trauma admits. There were other open bays and other groups of patients they could have put me with, but they put me in the patient group that was totally open for a hit. I think that is a good thing!!

Getting closer on buying the house. I'm getting a grant from the State of Texas for first time home owners for my downpayment, so basically, I'm just waiting on the state to lock down the interest rate and release the money. And for my seller to fix the effed up plumbing. You know, details.

So every year (okay, the last two years) I have done a sort of year end review on my blog. So, here is 2008 in review:

January: Rang in New Years in typical Woody's drunk fashion...dancing like a crazy drunk and puking in the Woody's bathroom. I am a CLASSY girl. Then it was off to Steamboat for LOTS and LOTS of music and fun and awesomeness. This year we "found" ski poles and kissed some inappropriate boys...nothing new! I also started my Critical Care class which was AWESOME!!! And, most importantly, I cut 10 inches of hair off!!!

Febuary: I was SUPER busy this month with school and work. The boy called out of the blue and fucked my shit up. I don't think I've talked to him since I told him to shit or get off the pot...go figure. I think mostly this month I just worked and went to school and tried to survive!

March: Critical Care was over and I achieved a great personal achievement this month when I was asked to lead a student code team for mock codes and had the most annoying classmate E. V. E. R. in my code group because, and I quote, "we needed to put him in a group with the strongest person in the class so he would listen to you and show you some respect." Hells yeah. I spent this month discovering how much I hated Community. Lame ass class.

April: Shaleena and I kicked off her birthday celebration with a 10 hour drinking marathon. We are troopers. This month my Grannie got sick and had to go into the hospital and get some blood because her H&H was low. A week after she got the blood, her H&H was low again...she was bleeding internally. Grannie died on the 29th. She was quite possibly the best Grannie ever.

May: kicked off with Grannie's funeral and finals. What a fun combination! And also...portable meth labs for educational purposes! The absolute best part of this month...my neice!!! Ashley Elizabeth Frederick was born on May 19th looking ridonk pretty, as is common for Frederick women. That's just how we roll. I also got a well needed few weeks off from school and some absolutely needed rest.

June: #26!!!! Semi-lame birthday party in which Amanda and Logan rocked my life, but everyone else was drunk elsewhere and forgot to come see me. Lame. I got the WORST. HAIRCUT. EVER. Seriously. It was bad. Like, epic bad. I'm still trying to recover. Thankfully I got my graduation photos done before then. I started getting together job stuff and applying and all that good business. This is also when V, Jessica and I met "Mark" at the Wade/Randy acoustic show. He was AWESOME!!!

July: Great 4th!!!! I was counting down the seconds to graduation AND I came home for a bunch of interviews and found myself with a Job!!!!!! Little did I know how much I would love my job! I accepted my job at JPS and got closer and closer and closer to graduation and more and more excited for big girl life to begin!

August: GRADUATION!!!!!! After Ashley, this is probably the BIGGEST moment of my year. Definitely a highlight. What a relief to have it over. I graduated and took a review and moved and started my job!!!! Whoa!!!

September: Most of this month I spent in the classroom...graduate and end up back in a classroom...go figure! I took my state boards and passed the first time...Go me!! So I was officially an RN. I touched a patient for the first time in about two months, which was scary! But it was also super exciting to do things as an actual nurse. Yay!

October: More nurse time, more fun patients. Plus, toga parties and Ambers birthday and a trip to Waco for a good cause and I started hanging out with some fun new people. I also started looking for houses...got me a mortgage guy and a real estate agent and started doing big girl things!!

November: My last month on orientation. By this time I was pretty much taking patients on my own and doing a pretty good job of it, thankyouverymuch! I had my first Thanksgiving away from my parents (no mashed potatoes???) and a super fun trip to Oklahoma and started working nights. Boy was that a change! I was thankful for manythings, especially my family and friends.

Which brings me to December...I have a contract on a house and a great neice and I'm nursing all by myself and calling doctors and being awesome.

It's been a VERY VERY good year!!! Here's to '09!!!

5 comments:

Sarah*d* said...

how the hell do you remember all that?!? good year.

icuprincessnurse said...

I go back and look at all my old blogs!! I had totally forgot some stuff...like the 10 inches I chopped off my hair!

V said...

Hahaha!

"Girl, is it okay if I come over? C'mon, girl."

Most random thing ever and we still like to pick a "Mark" out at every Randy or Wade show since then.

icuprincessnurse said...

"Mark" may have been the single greatest concert discovery ever. Can you imagine Mark at a RK show???? Nobody's Girl anyone??? "You're my girl, girl, You don't have to be scared to open your heart girl...Can I come over?"

V said...

I don't think "Mark" could handle RK! How would he be able to contain himself during "Break My Heart Tonight"???