So last night was my first shift to fly solo...
I started out with two relatively easy patients, which I figured I would. One of my patients was really a medicine patient (I was on the surgical side) so midway through the night they told me they would be moving my medicine patient over to the medicine hall and I would be getting in a trauma admit. Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!
Now really, y'all know how I love my trauma, so I'm sure everyone can guess how excited I was for the blood and the guts.
Very!
In all actuality my admit went through OR first, so he was pretty much cleaned up, it was a pretty good admit...but yay!
I think my first night alone went really well. I kept on top of my charting and finished up admit stuff on on patient and moved my patient across the way and got the new one and was able to stay on top of everything really well...so yay me!
I'm hoping I get my patients back tonight, that would be a good thing!
Two more nights and I'm off for a few days and then I am doing my advanced cardiac life support classes and then on for five freakin' nights in a row. I'm KIND OF hoping to beg off Sunday so I can go to Waco, because apparently I'm only supposed to work two nights next week instead of the three I'm scheduled for. Whoops!
Still waiting on repairs and my state grant for the house. I have some shopping left to do, but it's not the fun shopping. I already did that...I bought baby clothes!!!
And so...I am off to maybe watch a little tv before I have to go be super nurse again!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Time to get serious.
Posted by icuprincessnurse at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
SOMEONE is a rock star.
I am so glad that you're having such a good time in your job. I love seeing that :)
Post a Comment