BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Great Times

So I can say this now because I am no longer at work and no longer run the chance of jinxing myself...

Thursday through Saturday at work...I was BORED!!!!

Sure, I like having fairly uncomplicated patients where I do my assessments and pull my meds and round with the doctors and monitor their progress and all that.

But three shifts in a row??????? In the ICU????????

Not so much.

It is sick and twisted but I LOVE that moment where the thought going through your head is "Oh F. I need an extra set of hands, a physician and some pressors!"

Yesterday I was hoping for floor or tele (next step of care down...telemetry) orders so I could maybe get a trauma.

Sick, I tell ya.

Good times after work. Got home, changed (I apologize to all those who did not get to see me all hot and cute last night...it just wasn't gonna happen!) and met Cori, Shelley and Amanda for dinner at yummy Risky's BBQ and then off to Billy Bob's for some Jack Ingram (!!!!!) and a little of John's birthday.

So I have previously (on my myspace blog) mentioned the smallness of the world. I was reminded again last night!

Found John at Billy Bob's and ended up hanging out with him and his friends becuase we were all General Admission. Well, apparently John's best friend Misty and her fiance and his friends all went to Tech at the same time I did. Not only that, we were all in APO together. And one of the girls is in nursing school at TCU and she knows all the other people that I went through my internship with.

Small world!!

good times last night. Good tunes. Good birthday for John. Small world for me. Plus, I slept HARD man. It was GREAT!!!

Today I need to go take my too big Lands End shirt back...need to find a Sears. Bonus points if the Sears has a replacement for me! I also need to take back a pair of pants, go to the gym (!!!...whoa) and clean my damn room.

I'm tired again!

1 comments:

Shelly Diane said...

I only have one "e" in my name...just sayin' :) It was good to see ya!