BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Dr. Yummy

So it is 3:45 on Friday afternoon and I'm sitting at my desk in my pajamas eating dark chocolate.

How lame!

I have night shift 3/3 tonight and I'm done for the week! So far the change to nights has been pretty underwhelming. The patients I've had have been pretty easy and pretty low key so honestly, I've been pretty bored. Plus, I don't really know anyone on nights now so I don't really have anyone I can go sit next to while I'm bored and everyone already knows each other and I'm only outgoing once I know people... so I mostly just sit there. Maybe I'll try to pick up a magazine on the way tonight. Tonight though, I think we're going to get one patient and be open for a hit, and it's a Friday night...so that is good. I like getting hit...ha!

I'm hoping the night shift thing picks up, otherwise I may think about putting my name on the list and going back to days. More stuff to keep me occupied plus working nights kind of takes up four days instead of three...the day of the first shift you're trying to sleep, then the next two days you sleep all day then the day after your third shift you end up sleeping all day anyway...no bueno! Plus I like the busyness of days. You get report, you do your assessments, you chart, you do meds, the docs round, you assess again, you do whatever orders you got, give more meds maybe a trip to ct, maybe a bath, you assess and chart again, docs are still running around and you have more orders and then you give report and leave and I like that. I like having the docs around all the time just in case. I like rounding with the attendings. Plus...you go to bed early the night before and you can still maybe have dinner with friends one of the nights you work.

However...new doctor crush. And apparently, he likes taking extra call shifts at night so he can get into the OR. Yummy. I'm sure he's secretly a huge butthead.

So anyway...off to get dressed and go save lives!

And for your viewing pleasure, baby Ashley and me!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's cool that you like days better; nothing wrong with that :)

And as for the Hot Surgeon, it's a crapshoot on what kind of guy he is. I personally am not a big fan of most surgeons (I know!), but that's just a personality thingy.

Enjoy your weekend!